16 April 2012
Bentley and Starwood announce a global partnership
- Signature drive experiences for Bentley and Starwood guests
- Bentley fleets at flagship St. Regis hotels
- Explore must-see destinations in world-class Grand Tourers
Crewe — Bentley Motors is delighted to announce a global partnership with St Regis and The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts, part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide. The partnership underpins the heritage and world-class excellence of both brands, creating signature experiences for guests, residents and customers with driving programmes, special events, brand initiatives and house fleets at flagship hotels around the world.
“Starwood’s luxury brands continue to grow globally and so does the global nature of our guests,” said Paul James, Global Brand Leader for St. Regis Hotels & Resorts. “We are committed to providing experiences that far surpass their expectations, and this partnership with Bentley enables our discerning guests to explore must-see destinations in unparalleled style.”
Bentley Continental Flying Spur models have been chosen as the house fleet for a new generation of luxury travellers at St. Regis hotels and resorts around the world, from The St. Regis Singapore and The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort in Abu Dhabi to the brand’s flagship in New York. In October 2011, St. Regis hosted a bespoke Italian driving tour for Bentley model owners and guests of The St. Regis Rome and the newly opened St. Regis Florence.
The Continental Flying Spur combines the exquisite design and peerless craftsmanship for which Bentley is renowned with the dynamics and power of the Continental GT to provide a luxurious and potent motoring experience that has attracted a new breed of discerning customers to the marque.
The ability to undertake long journeys in great comfort has been the hallmark of every Bentley, and never has that been better demonstrated than in the iconic R-Type Continental from 1952 and its four-door descendant, the Continental Flying Spur.
The model has continued the Bentley bloodline of sporting Grand Tourers derived from the original elegant yet powerful 1957 Continental Flying Spur. Similarly inspired by the most desirable coupé of its day, it delivers awesome performance as well as extraordinary comfort and elegance. Both attributes harmonise with the expectations of discerning Starwood guests.
“At Bentley, we are committed to maintaining our position as the definitive British luxury car company” said Joe Ashworth, head of customer relations at Bentley Motors. “It is therefore important that we partner with a pinnacle brand that underpins our own values of craftsmanship, style and sophistication. Our current and prospective customers recognise the heritage of both brands, and with Starwood’s Luxury Brands we aim to broaden the appeal and experience of Bentley.”
The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts, a portfolio of 80 hotels and resorts in over 35 countries, offers unparalleled engagement with some of the world’s most exciting and desirable destinations. Through this partnership, Bentley staged its global media drive of the Continental Flying Spur in 2005 at the Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel in Venice. In February this year, Bentley unveiled its newest Continental GT and GTC V8 models at the award-winning Marques de Riscal, a Luxury Collection Hotel in Ilciego, Spain.
This month, The Luxury Collection and Bentley extend their partnership to Austria with an inaugural drive. The scenic Springtime Bentley Grand Tour from Vienna to Salzburg will last two days and offers guests an incomparable way to experience the country. The journey will showcase four iconic Luxury Collection Hotels including the Hotel Imperial in Vienna and the Schloss Fuschl in Salzburg. The participants of the exclusive drive will have two astonishing options to explore the route through Austria. Both the Continental W12 and the Continental V8 impress with their very own distinctive drive characteristics.
Through signature programmes such as St. Regis Aficionado, Journeys by The Luxury Collection and SPG Moments, Starwood will continue to create opportunities for its guests to experience exhilarating driving programmes around the world with Bentley and offer insider access to once-in-a-lifetime St. Regis and Luxury Collection experiences.
Notes to editors
1. Bentley Motors is the third largest R&D investor in the UK's automotive sector and the 18th largest nationally. The company employs almost 4,000 people in Crewe which is home to all its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury vehicle manufacturers such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley exports over £500m worth of goods every year to established markets like the US, as well as emerging markets such as China and South America.
2. Bentley’s global sales for Q1 in 2012 increased by 46.6% with 1,759 cars delivered to customers. This growth was led by the emergence of China as Bentley’s largest market in the first quarter with sales in the region up 84.7% (578 cars delivered). The Americas remain a key market for Bentley with sales up by 35.6% (468 cars delivered). In the Middle East sales recovered with an increase of 82.6% (168 cars delivered) and European sales also saw a 34.4% increase with 207 deliveries. Sales in the UK and Germany remain stable, with 233 cars and 62 cars delivered respectively.
About Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1,090 properties in 100 countries and territories with 154,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood Hotels is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, and Element SM. The company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programmes, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood Hotels also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
For further information about this press release please contact:
Julia Marozzi – Head of Lifestyle Communications, Bentley Motors
Julia.Marozzi@Bentley.co.uk + 44 (0) 207 290 7811
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Katie.Roberts@starwoodhotels.com + 1 212-380-4049
For further information on Bentley please go to www.bentleymedia.com
Twitter - @bentleymotors
You Tube – www.youtube.com/bentleymotors
Press Pack - www.bentleypresspack.com