04 January 2012
Audi sets all-time U.S. sales record in 2011; brand expects momentum to continue into 2012
- December 2011 sales set all-time record with 12,655 vehicles sold, a 20% gain across the model line up
- 2011 marks the best year in Audi of America history, with 12 straight months of record-setting sales and 117,561 vehicles sold YTD
- Record-shattering 2011 sales propelled by demand for C- and D-segment vehicles, representing 34% of the sales mix, and strong TDI® clean diesel sales
HERNDON, Va. — Audi today announced record U.S. sales of 117,561 vehicles sold in 2011, eclipsing the prior record of 101,629 vehicles sold in 2010. Marking the best year Audi has ever enjoyed in the U.S. market, year-end sales increased 15.7% over 2010. December 2011 also set a new all-time monthly record, with 12,655 vehicles sold, a 20% increase over the same period last year.
“Another record year of sales reinforces the Audi position in the U.S. market, as consumers increasingly choose Audi over other luxury competitors,” said Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen. “In 2012, Audi will continue to capture a significant share of the premium luxury market with exceptionally engineered vehicles.”
December results were buoyed by strong performance in the C and D segments, with record December sales for the technologically advanced Audi A6, the design-forward Audi A7 and the flagship A8 sedan. A6 sales of 1,855 increased 124% over 2010, while sales of the A8 luxury sedan increased 35% to 678 vehicles sold. Sales of the all-new Audi A7 four-door coupe remained solid, with 887 vehicles sold in December.
- Best December ever, and best month ever, with 12,655 vehicles sold, a 20% increase over December 2010; December also marked the first month with over 12,000 vehicles sold in Audi of America history
- Record sales every month of 2011 for a total of 117,561 vehicles sold YTD, a 15.7% increase over last year (limited by available inventory)
- A8 sales grew 275% YTD to 5,700 units sold in 2011
- A6 and A7 December sales marked the best month for both models in 2011
- C- and D-segment sales surged: 34% mix in December 2011 vs. 22% in December 2010
- The Audi TT continues its success, due mainly to strong sales of TTRS, with a 238% increase in December to 216 vehicles sold
- Demand for key models is exceptionally strong: days’ supply for Q5 and Q7 in single digits nationally
- TDI® mix remains very strong: 55% of total A3 sales YTD and 41% of total Q7 sales YTD wereTDI clean diesel models
- December was a record month for Audi Certified pre-owned, surpassing the record in December 2007 of 2,889 sales, with 3,406 units sold; YTD sales set a new all-time annual record with a total of 37,259 units sold in 2011
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2011, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. Through 2016, AUDI AG will invest about $17 billion on new products and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.
|Audi US Snapshot||YEAR TO DATE|
|Dec 11 YTD
|Dec 10 YTD
|Total Audi Sales||12,655||10,456||20.0%||117,561||101,629||15.7%|